Monday, December 20, 2010

Reverb10 - Prompts 19 and 20 - Avoidance and Healing

Like burning the candle at both ends, I'll jump to the most recent Reverb10 Prompts, on avoidance and healing.

The details are too personal to post on a public blog.  What I should have done is water under the bridge.  I can't do it over, and I hope there isn't a next time. The consequences were painful.  The prescribed healing suggested by my counselor was in fact avoidance.

What I have going for me in 2011 includes a loving companion, and strong friendships.  Avoidance contributes positively. New social networks are developing in creative arts. Soft pastels and drawing are new to me. More art workshops, and opportunities to display new works already are on my agenda.  Writing faster and better, the goal of Extreme Writing Makeover, a 52-week online writing course, has 37 more lessons. 

One thing we can all avoid in 2011, already on many political agendas, is short-term thinking.  Everything I mentioned in the previous paragraph is relatively short-term.  Ongoing, life-long goals and commitments remain the long-term framework.  I don't mind lofty ideals and the label of idealist as part of my Taurus Id.

No comments: