Friday, May 1, 2009

More Things- Nbr 38 Screencast

I really like the MNLink tutorial Search by Library

Having watched my daughter spend an hour at her professional editing suite to get the sound of a hoe scraping a garden patch, for a newsreel bit that lasted only seconds, it's a dizzying chore. She also lines up the professional voices for narration and voice overs. It takes skill as well as a familiar voice. Matching background music to the mood of the piece makes a big difference.

At 3M, I wrote drafts of content for an online Service Measurement System; a user guide, quick reference card, and online help screens in context of what users would try to do. A screencast would have helped. We had the budget to hire professionals to bring my knowledge to a finished product. It took a year.

For my next post, I will attempt a portion of the Split Rock Tour slide show from Thing Nbr 37. Give the talk, and provide the guidance a new interpreter would need.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I would be interested in the seeing the Split Rock Tour.

Linda said...

I think a screencast of the Split Rock Tour would be very interesting too.