Thursday, April 30, 2009

More Things- Nbr 37 Photo Tales complete

A few more comments and a slide show from Picasa; I consider this Thing complete.
I couldn't be happier with the results from the combination of Picasa desktop and web.

As for telling a story with photos, I will do more with Dave's Travel Blog. See the sidebar link. It's easy enough to choose how to display a photo within text.

I mentioned in another blog post my use of CoolIris (Firefox add-in) to do a wall display or a slide show of my own photos, or a host of other commercial providers. I use it all the time with photos displayed by friends on Facebook. CoolIris provides a small icon on the first photo within anyone's album. Click the icon and it brings up the album in a wall display.

I've struggled for years to get Microsoft Office Powerpoint to do what I want. A couple of presentations I've made are great. Adobe Photoshop Elements is my favorite for scanning historic photos and slides, and uploading new photos from a camera for editing. Microsoft Picture Manager often is my choice for photo prints.

Use it in "my" library? Actually, my wife and I did a slide presentation at the Grand Rapids, MN Public Library last Fall, at the invitation of one of our friends who is on the library board. We presented a history of Split Rock Lighthouse, using my own Powerpoint presentation, and presentations prepared by Lee Radzak, our employer and MHS Historic Site manager.

Here's my Split Rock Tour slide show without words or captions.

No comments: